We are seeking a hands on and experienced Farm Manager to manage and supervise the operations of the Oolloo farm.
Ti Tree Food & Fodder Pty Ltd
Oolloo Farm – Northern Territory
Farm Manager/Supervision – Daily Operations
Ti Tree Food and Fodder Pty Ltd manages the NT based Oolloo Farm and is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Caason Group which also owns the adjacent Aileron Cattle Station. The Oolloo Farm is set over 2,750 acres/1113 hectares and currently organic in conversion with 250 acres/104 hectares of irrigated crop currently under pivot.
We are seeking a passionate and experienced Farm Manager looking to work independently and collaboratively with the Owner and Farm Manager at the Group’s sister property at Aileron. The role will require the successful applicant to supervise, observe personal and site safety, operate and service machinery and facilitate the generation of sales from the Oolloo farming operation.
Opportunity ideally suited for a couple / family
- Shed and farm maintenance and routine mechanical work.
- Record keeping
- Inventory control
- Shed and farm organization
- Assisting the Caason Group in its operations
- Over 5 years farm experience
- People skills with good communication skills and a team player
- On farm safe work practices
- Strong mechanical and electrical background essential to deal with the area of servicing generators, machinery, light plant and farming implements
- Experience with centre pivots and fertigation systems
- Farming knowledge ideally on hay crop production
- Experience in managing small teams of staff
- An honest and trustworthy self-starter and problem solver
- Be open to living in a small community
Qualifications and Licenses:
- Motor vehicle license
- Fork-lift license desirable
- Truck license desirable
- Machinery license desirable
An attractive salary package, depending on experience and individual capacity will be made available to the successful candidate, including on farm accommodation.
To apply for this position, please email your cv along with 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Preference will be given to those that supply a cover letter indicating why you would be suited for this role and an indication of expected salary.